Ever worried what a CIF number is? After that, we’re here to guide you how to find a CIF number in SBI inline. This CIF number has been printed in your SBI Savings Account passbook as per the details below.
The State Bank of India, which is one of the great banks operating in India, is commonly known as State Bank of India or SBI, while opening bank accounts for them.
This is a direct result of the dependence and facilities offered by Indian banks to their customers. If you are hunting on the web for an article that will help you find a CIF number in SBI then here is the right guide for you.
What is a CIF number?
In this SBI guide, I will tell you the technique that you need to use for your SBI bank account CIF number. By default, the CIF is for a customer information file, in which all data related to the record holder and the account are stored. This CIF is regularly updated by the State Bank of India to keep up with the latest transactions in your transactions. There are several advantages to this (customer information file) number, however, for the possibility of this you need to transfer your bank account from one branch to another.
In this guide, I will mention some techniques by which you can find a CIF number in an SBI account, whether you are online or offline.
How to get CIF number in State Bank of India?
Now let’s get started and see how you can find the CIF number for your bank account.
–>CIF Number in SBI Bank Passbook?
- First of all, I would like to tell you about offline strategy for finding a CIF number and this is using your SBI bank passbook.
- Your CIF number will be mentioned on the first page of your bank passbook, all you have to do is find your passbook and open its home page.
- Look up your account number, and then you will specify your CIF number.
–>Find Online SBI Bank CIF number?
You can find the customer file number online and this is using the bank’s Internet banking facility. You have enabled Internet banking for your account to enable this technology to continue.
- The first thing you need to do is open the online SBI site and log in to your personal banking account.
- Once you are effectively signed in, click on the Account Details option, and then click Go to view or download the account details of the CIF number you are viewing.
- If you do not know how you can view the account details SBI online, then you can follow this link.
- You can find your CIF number on the financial balance check details.
CIF Number in SBI Cheque Book
Another way to find a CIF number is to cheque book. It is usually marked on the first page of the cheque book, but it is not required under any circumstances.
If you did not receive a check book specifying your CIF number, you may visit the branch asking for the same.
Central Bank CIF Number Find
Generally, the central bank of the 11 digits updates the CIF number at all times as it is important to maintain a record of errors by mistake. CIF numbers include data for example:
- Like the account you have.
- Details regarding the customer having an account in the bank.
- SBI checks the account balance in the current and previous months.
- Current and previous transactions
This CIF number is important because all banks including Central Bank of India provide goods and services to customers based on this number. The CIF number is used in the event that you need to transfer your account from one branch to another.
Now let’s move on to how to find this CIF number in Central Bank of India:
- If you are handling your Central Bank of India Passbook, then it is likely that your CIF number is printed on one of the front pages.
- You can find your CIF number in the event that it is written on the check book issued by the bank.
- Go to the bank branch and ask for your CIF number.
- You can access the Central Bank of India net banking portal by signing in to the site and then looking for the CIF.
Here are four techniques to know the CIF number of a Central Bank of India account.
–>Get a CIF Number Based on Customer Care
Do not overlook this stress when you do not have time to look for your bank passbook or to login to your internet banking account; now you can find your customer file number without too much trouble.
Call the customer service canter of the bank and get the CIF number from them:
- The initial step is to grab your phone and call SBI Customer Care at their toll-free number: 1800 425 3800.
- Once you call them, attach your call to talk to a customer care officer, selecting the options that use IVR.
- Tell them you need to know your CIF number; they will ask you for certain things like your bank account number, name, address etc. for confirmation.
- If you answer correctly to each inquiry, it indicates your CIF number.
Another way to know your customer information file (CIF) number is to visit the branch.
–>Instructions for Search CIF Number Through Branch:
To find your CIF number using a branch visit, follow these steps with the end goal in mind:
- The first thing is to visit the SBI home branch in your city.
- Tell the Account Officer that you want to know your CIF number for the account you want to access.
- You will then be asked for your account number and after that you will be given your CIF number.
- Also, remember to keep your address and identity proof so you can officially show him your identity as needed.
–>What is the full form of CIF number?
- CIF number means “customer information file”
Please do not share your personal information such as ATM debit card number, OTP, mobile number or anything in your comment section.