How to Apply FasTag in SBI (State Bank of India) – Best Guide: First of all, let’s see what FasTag is in SBI
Apply FasTag in SBI (State Bank of India):
The SBI FASTag is a device that works on RFID – Radio Frequency Identification technology. Through the FasTag, whenever you are traveling by your car/ vehicle, you can make cashless payments at the toll plaza. Wouldn’t it be great to not stopping and just drive through the toll plaza? Of course, it would be. For that, you need to have SBI FasTag. Through the SBI FasTag, the amount of toll plaza tax is deducted directly from the SBI Savings account, or also you can choose to recharge/ top up the FasTag.
Apply FasTag in SBI
How do the SBI FasTag works?
With the SBI FasTag, whenever you are traveling, and you come across the toll plaza, you do not need to stop the car. The tag will be recognized through the RFID technology, and hence you won’t have to stop for cash payments. As well you can Generate SBI Virtual Credit Card Online at sbi official site onlinesbi.com.
How precisely the SBI FasTag does looks like?
The SBI FasTag is a rectangle shaped multi-layered tag. It is around 10 x 5 cm in size. The FasTag is made of high-quality paper. Inside this tag, there is a Chip and an Antenna inside various layers. When you purchase the tag, it will be posted on the Wind Screen of your car/ vehicle. The RFID technology is used to affix and to recognized the tag. Hence whenever you pass a toll plaza, the tag will be identified/ read by the toll plaza’s RFID technology.
Presently, the SBI FasTags are being operated throughout more than 346 toll plazas spread across National Highways.
Where to get SBI FasTag?
There are Tag issuers for SBI FasTag, from which you can purchase the tags and enjoy cashless toll tax payments.
You may visit the POS – Point of Sale locations, authorized agencies at the Toll Plaza or nearby Toll Plaza. To obtain a FasTag, one must carry original documents as well as the copy of the documents. Along with that, you will need the vehicle on which you desire to fix the SBI FasTag to the POS/ Sale Office Location.
Which toll plaza recognizes the SBI FasTag?
Toll plazas which come under National Electric Toll Collection – NETC program shall allow the SBI FasTag. Furthermore, toll plazas are in progress to recognize these tags and will soon be available under this scheme.
Can I get Monthly Pass or Local Pass for SBI FasTag?
For each toll plaza, there are specific monthly passes, to know more you can contact customer care number and get to know more about obtaining Monthly/ Local SBI FasTag.
How long is the FasTag Valid?
What is the validity of the FasTag?
Basically, FasTag has unlimited validity, but there are certain things you need to know. The FasTag is valid until the tag is read by the reader at the toll plaza.
Under any circumstances, if the FasTag is tempered or is not able to read due to wear and tear – then in such cases you need to contact the issuing authority and get a new FasTag by paying an additional cost for that.
Numerous Benefits of Using SBI FasTag:
ü Save time: When you have SBI FasTag on your vehicle, you do not need to wait to pay and get the receipt and get the change back, but just drive through. It will save you a lot of time on your journey.
- Save Fuel: As you no longer need to wait for paying the toll tax, you do not need to keep waiting. Hence it will result in saving fuel.
- SMS Alerts: As the toll tax is deducted through the SBI FasTag, you will receive confirmation SMS alert on your registered mobile number.
- Link with your SBI Account: It is straightforward to link the SBI FasTag with your Prepaid/ Saving SBI Account. Hence whenever you drive through the toll plaza, the tax will be deducted directly from your SBI account.
- Recharge Easily: Other than SBI account, you can also choose for Credit Card, Debit Card, NEFT, RTGS, Net Banking, Top Up, etc. methods for recharging the online account for paying through the SBI FasTag.
- Cashless: As the tax shall be deducted online, no need to have a cash for the toll tax payment in your wallet.
- FasTag Customer Portal: to know more regarding the access to the statements, it is effortless. You can access the statements after logging in to the FasTag customer portal.
- Validity: The SBI FasTag validity is five years from the date of purchase. So purchase the FasTag once, and you’ll just have to recharge the tag or maintain the SBI account. It is incredibly convenient and hassle-free way of paying toll tax.
- Cash Back: For the year 2016-17, the cash back was 10% whereas, for 2017-18, the money back is 7.5% on each toll tax transaction.
- Know More: The FasTag Portal also allows users to know more details such as
- View Transaction History
- Toll Payment History
- Balance etc.
Will I be getting rewards points on topping up of SBI FasTag through SBI Debit Cards??
Yes as per your existing eligibility for your Debit Card, you will receive reward points accordingly.
What are the SBI FasTag Charges?
When you purchase SBI FasTag, you have to pay one time free, i.e., 250/- rupees + Service Tax. Moreover, this One Time Fees is refundable, based on the vehicle type.
Once you purchase the SBI FasTag, you will have to keep recharging the tag, to keep it active. For that, there are various methods. These methods describing how to recharge SBI FasTag are mentioned below:
How to Recharge/ Top up the SBI FasTag?
The SBI FasTags have two types of payment methods. Either the FasTag is linked to the SBI Savings/ Prepaid account the toll tax is deducted from the account directly, or you can also choose to have Prepaid SBI FasTag. You need to Recharge/ Top Up the FasTag as per your requirements. You can check and be a partner with sbi using SBI Kiosk – kiosk.onlinesbi.com.
How to Recharge SBI FasTag?
Steps To Recharge SBI FasTag through Net Banking:
- Go to the SBI official portal.
- Log in to your account through your Net Banking Username and Password.
- Search for “Payments” Option.
- Go to “Recharge Account” and click on it.
- Select the respective “Tag Account” and enter the amount.
- Now, go to “Pay by Online” button.
- Click “Continue.”
- Then you will be asked about the bank, select your bank.
ü If any other details are asked, enter and complete the process.
Steps To Recharge SBI FasTag through NEFT/ RTGS Transaction:
- Firstly, log in with your Username and Password.
- Go to the “Payments” Option.
- Click on “Recharge Account” link and click on that.
- Select the desired “Tag Account” and click on it.
- Then click on “Continue” link.
- Enter the amount you need to top up.
- When you’re asked about the Payment Method, select “NEFT” and click on “Continue.”
- Now click on “Make Payment” link.
- After you click on make payment link, e-challan will be generated through the “Generate Challan.”
- Save or Print the challan, as you want it to be.
- Then transfer the exact amount as per displayed in the Challan through the “Beneficiary Account Number” as per the NEFT.
- Within two hours your FasTag account will be recharged.
Required Documents To Obtain SBI FasTag:
If you are also interested in getting SBI FasTag, you will need following documents:
- RC Book, i.e., Registration Certificate of the Vehicle.
- Passport size photograph of the Owner of the Vehicle.
- KYC Documents as per respective category of the Vehicle Owner.
- Address Proof of the Vehicle Owner
- ID Proof of the Vehicle Owner
How to Apply for SBI FasTag?
Steps to obtain/ apply for SBI FasTag?
- First of all, visit the official website for the SBI FasTag, i.e., Click here.
- You will see the Registration Form/ Application Form to get the SBI FasTag.
- You need to fill up details such as:
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Select State
- Pin Code
- Vehicle Details:
- Mini Light Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Three-Axle Commercial Vehicle
- Bus/ Truck
- 4 to 6 Axle
- 7 or More Axle
- HCM/ EME Vehicle
- After entering required details, Submit the Form by clicking on “Submit” Button.
- Then you’ll see the Successful Application for FasTag confirmation.
Who manages everything related to the FasTags?
There are various authorities which are associated with implementing this smart program including:
- Indian Highways Management Company Limited (IHMCL)
- National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Toll Plaza Concessionaires
- FasTag Issuer Agency
- Toll Transaction Acquirer.
It is mainly implemented by the IHMCL as well as NPCI. With the help from Toll Plaza Concessionaires, FasTag Issuer Agencies as well as Toll Transaction Acquirer – it runs successfully.
Which Highways/ Roads are associated with this program?
On which cities/ highways SBI FasTags are allowed?
Here is the entire list of cities including corporate service locations:
- Dewas (MP)
- Navi Mumbai
- Ullunderpet (TN)
What is SBI FasTag Customer Care Number?
The SBI FasTag customer care service numbers are toll-free and are working 24/7 to help their valuable customers. Here are the SBI FasTag Customer Care Numbers:
SBI FasTag Customer Care -1800 2100 104